Access Covers for Shared Spaces
What are shared surfaces?
- Areas where the demarcation between pedestrians and drivers is minimised.
- Use deep paving materials rather than typical road construction materials.
- Areas that have low speed limits.
- Qualify as B125 areas because they feature slow moving traffic.
What happens when a B125 access cover is trafficked by vehicles?
|Maximum European Gross Vehicle Weight
|Maximum European Axle Weight
|Maximum Wheel Load (Axle Kg²)
|Add: 10% for Overloaded Axle
|Add: 15% for Dynamic Wheel Load
|Add: 60% for Margin of Safety
|Total Theoretical Wheel Load
|Test Load of B125 Covers
This proves that B125 covers are suitable for use in any area subject to slow moving vehicle traffic including HGVs.
- Deeper frames with standard recessed cover tray (HomeZone).
- Removes the need for a concrete fillet around the outside of the frame as deep blocks can be placed right up to the edge.
- Filled covers can still be safely lifted by a single person.
- In-house testing shows this design meets the loading requirements of B125.
- Openreach approved solution for Homezone areas and shared spaces.