Cubis Scales Up Their Network Access System for Large Hydraulic Water System in France
Cubis’ STAKKAbox™ ULTIMA Connect and AX-S™ composite cover system has been installed at the Eau du Ponant project in France. The large scale (4m X 4m) chamber was built to house a sizable hydraulic water system for the site.
Cubis’ French team collaborated with the contractor to implement a DN500 composite interconnection chamber, designed to secure the AEP network. The installation was carried out directly by the Eau du Ponant community near Brest, in the west of France.
The network access chamber and cover provided a range of benefits to the contractor including:
- Large modular and scalable chamber at 4000mm X 4000m and with a depth of 1750mm.
- Composite access covers and galvanized steel frame, with removable galvanised cross sections and composite covers with B125 load rating.
- Technical support from the Cubis team for the installation process onsite.
- Flat pack shipment: Reduced delivery, unloading equipment and ease of handling components at remote site locations.
- Flexibility in Construction: Duct entries can be quickly and safely formed on site. Overbuilding or benching is easily achieved on a wide range of duct and pipe sizes.
- Optimal safety: Lightweight products and reduced risk from heavy alternatives ensure safety requirements for installation teams.
- Speed of installation: The chamber was assembled in less than 4 hours by an installation team of three.
- Strength: ULTIMA Connect offers the ability to offset joints between sections to provide a strong brickwork effect improving side wall performance.
Long Term Client Advantages:
- Ease of use: Greater clear opening accessibility by removing the lightweight composite covers to gain access to the internal hydraulic system.
- Chamber Accessories: A range of accessories for cable management and steps for safe access.
To learn more about how the STAKKAbox™ ULTIMA Connect range can be adapted for use within your project, and to see other examples of how it has been used across a wide range of sectors and applications explore some of other other Case Studies.